UML stands for Unified Modelling Language. UML is one of the standardized general-purpose languages and is used to model software solutions, computer application structures, the behavior of the system as well as business processes. UML is a widely used language in the field of software engineering. It is used by means of envisaging a software program by making use of a collection of diagrams. The primary thing to take care of while making a UML component diagram is linking shapes that signify a thing or class along with other shapes to demonstrate relationships as well as the flow of information and statistics or data.
There are two types of main categories enlisted under UML component diagram, named as
- Behavioral diagrams
- Structural diagrams.
Component diagrams are categorized in the latter category. A component diagram is all about the structural relationship among various components of any particular software system. The component diagrams are being highly beneficial while interacting with complex system having multiple components. These components for the particular system communicate with each other through a unit called interfaces. These interfaces are linked to each other via connectors.
Component diagrams are primarily used for CBD (Component Based Development). It is used to define systems with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture). CBD is designed and based on assumptions for using previously constructed components again and if needed, the components can be replaced by other equivalent components. In UML, components could represent the following two types:
- Logical Components: Business components, press components and etc come under the category of logical components.
- Physical Components: Physical components include
- “EJB components”
- “WSDL components”
- “CORBA components”
- “.NET components”
- “COM+ components”
Along with these two types of components, UML represents the artefacts for implementing them as well as the nodes where they are deployed and executed.
The underneath listed edges and nodes are essential in the component diagram:
- “Required Interface”
- “Provided Interface”
- “Component realization”
Creating Component Diagrams
Following basic points must be kept in mind while creating a component diagram:
- Keep components well connected
- Assign required order to the components
- Identify preeminent components
- Appoint technical groups to the infrastructural components
- Appoint user interfaces to the application based components
- Server classes should be in their own components
- Adding a component to its client
- Identify the collaboration and cooperation type of business class
- Highly conjoined class groups belong in the same component classification.
- Minimise the range of the message flow amid the components.
BookMyEssay is an online assignment writing service that helps in USA distressed students with their component diagrams to earn better grades at school or college. BME employs professional experts who have an extensive knowledge in computer science and have an experience in creating complex component diagrams. The assignments written by these experts are 100% authentic and well organised and in accordance with the guidelines issued by the universities in exchange of very minimal price.